Heather Hoffman is the media coordinator at Lourdes University. When she's not working, she also likes to read and create art.
Learn more about Heather:
1. Where was your first job? Babysitting - best job in the world!
2. What's your favorite location in Sylvania? There are so many beautiful places in Sylvania. Of course I love Lourdes' campus, but I also love biking out at Centennial Quarry when I can convince people to go with me.
3. What's your favorite season of the year? Even though I now have mountains of leaves to rake yearly, I still love fall. You just can't beat the colors on the trees!
4. Favorite food? I wish I was more inventive - but my favorite food is definitely pizza.
5. Any hobbies? Too many to name! I am learning to hoop dance (hula hooping), and I am part of a craft circle in Detroit. I also love to read, cook, volunteer and create kooky art. The last thing I made was a pink fur monster (donation box) for Burners without Boarders - which helps the homeless in Detroit. We collected winter clothing, backpacks, and small toiletries.
6. Where were you born? Bowling Green, OH
7. Favorite holiday? Halloween - I love costumes, scary things and candy, so a holiday that combines all three is perfect.
8. Something interesting or unique about you. I was one of the artists in a large scale art-installation at Burning Man 2010 called Tiny Tropolis. 100 artists from all over the world each created a unique 12" diorama. Visitors would walk from box to box looking into each one. An extraordinary concept...I felt blessed to be a part.
9. Favorite color? I am obsessed with the color gray!
10. Best Sylvania restaurant? Kyoto Ka. I don't know if it's technically within Sylvania limits - but I count it. And it's right next door to Cake in a Cup (bonus)!Click here for more Town Talk stories